Sunday, April 24, 2011

//PETER AND JANE





Look at this!




Hello lovely viewers, I have the wonderful pleasure of introducing you to;


-The Peter and Jane Books-
"The first book in the series, Ladybird series 641, was published in 1964, and the series was completed by the first publication of the 36th book in 1967. Over 80 million books in the series have been sold worldwide, and the books remain in print in 2006."
These are some lovely little pieces of treasure from our childhood! The amazing 'Peter and Jane Books'! I think we've had these for quite some time now, and I think these were passed down to us by some family friends. Luckly I salvaged them from the recycling bin and they are now here today for your viewing pleasure.
I personally LOVE the bright blue and orange covers ( i think I have a tendency for bright orange items, such as the Penguin Classics) and the hand drawn images. Looking at the artmanship and the design of each page gives me such a quirky and fun feeling of care free childhood times and learning.



We would also like to say a quick update on what's been going on in our lives, sadly our grandfather passed away recently on Monday, and thus our mother and Vess flew back to Malaysia last Tuesday.
 Sorry about the irregular posting, as it's been a very hectic week for us. So I (Val!) will be doing my best to 'man the ship' while Vess is gone, as she doesn't have very good internet access in Malaysia. 

Thanks so much for 'keeping' up with us and for your all your support and encouragement!


-keep smiling-


v&v


1 comment:

  1. goodness! I remember these myself! 'This is Peter', 'This is Jane', 'This is Pat the Dog' - book 1a ;)

    ReplyDelete